I’m excited to be participating in Stamp ‘N Hop Blog Hop again this month, which we are focussing on showcasing our favourite bundle and mine is the Whale of a Time Suite.
If you are new or have never heard of a blog hop before it is a group of participants that create a project that may or may not have a theme and they “hop” together. The hopping means that there is a list of names of the other participants at the bottom of this post and you can click on their links and see all the wonderful projects that have been created. This is a great way to see the talent of other demonstrators that you may not have come across before, as this particular blog hop is only for Stampin’ Up Demonstrators.
The stamp set is so fun and the DSP is to die for. I am already on my third pack of it and I can’t wait to use it all up. I have my favourite pieces of the DSP so I still have loads of other pieces in previous packs that I have not yet used.
This card is a peek a boo card and was super fun to make. The DSP here has done a lot of the work and I’ve just used the layering circles to pretty up the peek a boo section. To learn how I did this I just watched a number of youtube videos. The one that I found the easiest to follow was Dawn Griffiths, however, I did change up the measurements for Australian sized card base.
Once you open it up then the message pops through the peek a boo section.
I even added the layering circles on the inside piece on the other side just so that it looks very finished.
How I did it
- The card base is 9” x 4 ¼” scored at 4 ½” (Pool Party)
- Another piece of cardstock 6 ¼” x 4 ¼” scored at ¼” (on the long side) (Whisper White)
- Adhere the Whisper White piece to the Card Base using the tiny scored piece. You want to make sure that the fold is behind the Pool Party piece so you don’t see it when the card is opened. It needs to look like the piece in the back on the first picture below.
- You want to use the 2” circle punch to punch out a circle in both pieces of the card base (I find I can only punch one at a time) and then also draw a circle with a pencil on the piece of Whisper White. This is so you know where to stamp the inside message
- The second piece of cardstock is 5 7/8’ x 4 ¼” (Pool Party)
- Another piece of cardstock 3 ¼” x 4 ¼” scored at ¼” (on the short side) (Whisper White)
- Adhere the Whisper White piece to the other piece of cardstock (Pool Party) using the tiny scored piece. You want to make sure the fold is behind the Pool Party piece so you don see if when the card is opened. It needs to look like the piece in the front on the first picture below.
- Line Up this piece with the card base and punch out the 2” circle so they line up. The two edges of the Pool Party cardstock will need to line up (see the second picture below)
- Adhere these two pieces together now. It is easier if you put adhesive on the card base piece as it is the smaller piece. Make sure the punched circles line up.
- The smaller white piece now needs to be punched out and you can line this up to draw a pencil mark now the pieces have adhered. Then punch this out (see the first pic, but please note I have not adhered them together here)
- Now just decorate.
To cut the circles these pieces of cardstock I actually used the 2” punch.
Excuse the dirty fingerprints on this. This is now my template and I have used it a number of times.
Want some more?
I seem to be making these Locked Gate Fold cards a lot and I just had to do one using the items in this suite. If you need to check out the details on how to make this card I have a previous blog post which can be found here
This is the inside of the Locked Gate Fold card.
Do you think you need more inspiration to purchase this suite? I told you this is one my favourites and I have made loads of cards.
This has used the Old World Embossing Folder just for something different.
The Seabed Embossing is so gorgeous and is just a perfect co-ordinating for this bundle.
I’ve decorated the inside of both of these cards the same.
Once again, thank you for visiting my blog today & that you have found inspiration to create your own project. Please click on the Next Arrow to hop along with the rest of us. Don’t forget when visiting to leave them a little love. Don’t forget when visiting to leave them a little love.
If you would like a catalogue please let me know and I will pop one in the post for you.
If you are interested in any of the products used and do not already have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator I would be happy to help you place an order, or you can click on the product links below which will take you directly to my online store.